If you have missing teeth, you may be wondering what the best option for addressing this issue and improving your smile is.
In this article, we are going to discuss dentures and the signs you may need them.
What Are Dentures?
Dentures are a removable, artificial replacement for your missing tooth or teeth and the surrounding tissues.
There are two types of dentures available, and depending on your situation one or the other will be better for you:
- Complete dentures – When all teeth are missing
- Partial dentures – When only some teeth are missing
Dentures are made out of different types of resin or porcelain. The ones made out of porcelain are more popular as they last longer and are also stronger.
Signs You Need Dentures
Remember to have your dental check-ups every six months, or at least every year to make sure your teeth and gums are healthy. If you do have any dental problems try to address them as soon as possible to avoid major complications.
But there are signs your body will send, indicating it might be time to visit your dentist and see what treatment you need.
If you need dentures, you might experience the following:
- Gaps between your teeth
- Wiggling teeth. When your teeth are shifting it can be an indication you need to fix it with a periodontal treatment or even extract the teeth and replace them with dentures.
- Toothache. If your toothache gets chronic, this is an even bigger sign you need to visit your dentist. It means that your teeth are decaying and the possibility of removing them is high. The dentist might need to extract the tooth or teeth and replace them with partial dentures.
- Gum disease. If your gums are swollen and sensitive, it can be an indicator of developing gingivitis or periodontal disease. Gum disease causes tooth loss, and your natural tooth needs to be replaced.
- Missing teeth. This can happen either because you have a dental problem or an accident. Not replacing the teeth can also lead to more oral complications and it is important to replace them as soon as possible.
- Difficulty biting and eating. This can happen when you are missing teeth, or they are damaged. Dentures can fix that problem and help you regain your smile and oral health.
Dentures have a natural aspect that allows you to regain your confidence in your smile, aside from regaining your oral health and avoiding further complications.
After getting dentures, you will need some time to get used to them. Follow your dentist’s instructions to make sure you have a smooth transition and enjoy them.
Do You Think You Need Dentures? Call Us Now!
Lombard dentist Dr. Brett Blacher is here to help you regain and keep your oral health, from the inside out.
We treat clients in the suburban area of Lombard, Illinois.
Dr. Brett Blacher is known for a wide range of services and dental technology, from air abrasion to sedation dentistry, laser dentistry, and many other procedures.
Contact us today and make an appointment with Dr. Blacher.