Lombard Invisalign and Orthodontics
Orthodontics with Brett Blacher, DDS
What is Invisalign and Orthodontics to Lombard IL
Have you ever wondered what your dream smile could look like in real life? Fixing the small gaps or crooked areas in your smile can make a huge impact on your confidence and self-esteem. Invisalign is an advanced service in cosmetic dentistry that makes it easy to straighten your teeth without the use of bands, brackets or wires. Check out some of our before and afters from patients around Lombard.
Invisalign and Orthodontics Permanently Improve Your Smile
Invisalign is a virtually invisible solution to adjust your smile and improve your bite, without letting any of your coworkers or friends know! Because they come in the form of clear, removable aligners they are easily placed into the mouth and can be removed for simple eating or cleaning. Invisalign custom aligners are a popular option for teens and adults to straighten their teeth in a fraction of the time of traditional metal braces. If you have been considering orthodontic care to straighten your teeth or align your smile, make an appointment or give us a call to schedule a consultation.
Considering Cosmetic Dentistry?
Feel Confident with your Dream Smile
We have multiple ways to correct your smile to it’s idea look, feel and function. One popular form of cosmetic dentistry includes our dental veneers, which can offer life-changing results almost instantly. Click below to find out more!
Our Invisalign Process
At your first appointment with Dr. Blacher the Invisalign process is simple. Our Lombard orthodontic specialist Dr. Blacher will make a careful examination of your current oral health condition and discuss your available treatment options. After forming an impression of the teeth your dental mold will be sent to a lab, where your custom aligner trays will be made and ready to use at your second appointment.
After Your Appointment
After your visit to the dentist for Invisalign trays, Dr. Blacher will monitor the progression of your teeth and smile with routine appointments. Your teeth may feel some discomfort at the beginning of using each new aligner tray (after approximately every 3-4 weeks) but will adjust smoothly within a day or two. In as little as a few months or just over a year, your perfect smile can be achieved with little change to your current lifestyle.
Understanding The Benefits Of Invisalign
Compared to traditional braces and orthodontics, Invisalign has some powerful benefits that make it a great option for patients who wish to avoid highly visible traditional braces. Here are just a few of the benefits you’ll enjoy if you choose Invisalign treatment:
- Invisible aligners that don’t affect speech – Unlike braces, Invisalign is completely invisible when worn. Your aligners will also not impair your ability to speak, though it may take a few days to get used to speaking when first wearing them.
- Removable aligners make it easy to eat and brush – You can remove your aligners to brush and floss, making it easier to keep your mouth healthy during treatment. You can also remove them to eat and drink, so there are no dietary restrictions throughout your procedure.
- Faster results – Treatment with Invisalign usually takes less than a year. Braces usually take at least 18 months, and can sometimes take 3 years or longer.
- More comfort – Invisalign exerts more gentle, even pressure to move your teeth than traditional braces. This means less discomfort, and you won’t have to endure your braces being tightened and adjusted.
- Fewer visits to the dentist – There is no need to come in for regular tightenings and adjustments when you wear Invisalign. Instead, you’ll come in every 6 weeks for a quick checkup and to get your next several sets of aligners from Dr. Blacher
Am I A Good Candidate For Invisalign?
Primarily, this depends on your orthodontic needs. Invisalign can usually be used to correct many orthodontic issues, including crooked teeth, gaps in your smile, or misaligned teeth.
However, Invisalign is not usually appropriate if you have major orthodontic problems like a malpositioned jaw or severely rotated, crooked teeth. Traditional braces are more effective for correcting these kinds of conditions. To find out if you’re a good candidate for Invisalign, we recommend scheduling a consultation with Dr. Blacher.
Caring For Your Aligners – Our Top Tips
Wondering how you can care for your Invisalign aligners, and ensure your treatment progresses properly? Here are a few tips:
- Rinse after removal – Whenever you take your aligners out, rinse them to avoid the buildup of dried-out saliva, bacteria, and plaque.
- Do not eat or drink while wearing your aligners – Eating while wearing your aligners will damage them, and drinking any beverage except water could stain your aligners. Sugary beverages will also encourage bacterial growth. Do not eat or drink anything (except water) when wearing your aligners.
- Keep your case at-hand – Whenever you take your aligners out, you should put them into their carrying case to ensure they don’t get lost or broken. Losing or breaking an aligner can set your treatment back several weeks while a replacement is manufactured.
- Brush after eating – Whenever you eat, you should brush your teeth afterward to ensure bacteria does not collect around your aligners. If you are unable to do so, we recommend at least rinsing with water or mouthwash.
- Clean your aligners every night – Don’t use toothpaste, as this can erode the plastic material. Use an antibacterial soap that washes away cleanly, and use warm water. Do not use excessively hot water, which could cause the aligner to warp.
“We provide the most conservative treatments possible to fix your dental problem and provide the best long term solution for your dental health and smile.”
At Brett Blacher DDS, dentistry isn’t just about repairing teeth--it’s about improving the long term health of every patient through care that is personal to each client. We talk to each patient as a person first, understanding their specific needs and helping them achieve a level of health they never thought was possible before, so they can enjoy their smiles for years to come with a dentist they can trust.